How to Install Your PlugDock
- Make sure the temperature is above 50o F (10o C).
- Find a smooth, flat, clean surface where you will see your PlugDock when launching your boat (such as your dashboard, rear transom, near the throttle, or on the front of your trailer).
- Peel the backing and press your PlugDock firmly into place for about 20 seconds.
- Mount so “PLUGDOCK.COM” on the base can be read in an upright position after installed.
- PlugDock should be installed above the water line if it is affixed to the outside of a boat.
How To Use Your PlugDock
- After you take your boat out of the water, remove your drain plug to drain your bilge water.
- Remove your safety lanyard (or kill-switch tether or whatever else you might call it) from your throttle to disable your engine.
- Place a midsection of your removed safety lanyard in the slots provided on your PlugDock.
- Insert your removed drain plug into your PlugDock on top of your safety lanyard (warning: use reasonable care during this step to avoid damaging your safety lanyard).
- Leave your drain plug and your safety lanyard securely in your PlugDock until you are ready to launch your boat again.
- At the boat launch, remove your drain plug from your PlugDock and put it back into the drain hole (so your boat doesn’t sink!).
- Put your safety lanyard back on your throttle (so your engine will start).
How To Remove Your PlugDock
- A few words of caution: the adhesive on your PlugDock is REALLY GOOD STUFF, so removal is not meant to be easy.
- But if you do need to remove your PlugDock . . . try using about a foot-long piece of strong string (such as dental floss or fishing line).
- Slip a middle section of the string behind the base of the PlugDock.
- Hold both ends and “see-saw” the string back and forth through the adhesive.
- If you succeed in removing your PlugDock, you should be able to rub off any remaining adhesive residue.